|Nothing to do with Valentine's Day. I don't mind any occasion to wear festive socks|
I was having an identity crisis, but then I found myself. Or an alternate version of me. In fairness, an entirely other person with enough in common with me to make me acknowledge, as I often do, that the world is funny. In a weird way.
I had been toying with the idea of moving away from the bakery's trading name, Caryna's Cakes. People seem to struggle with the Caryna part. "Carnya?" "Carvna?" "Ca-rye-na?" It's the Y that throws people. To add to the confusion, there is another Carina in Cork making cakes, and goes by Carina's Cakes. What are the chances of that in a country as tiny as Ireland? Slim, but there you have it. I have www.carynascakes.com and she has www.carinascakes.ie
I thought I'd just go back to the registered name of the business, Lovin' from the Oven Ltd. Here is the odd sequence of events that followed:
- www.lovinfromtheoven.com was already acquired by one of those American domain collection companies who sell the website address from a massive profit. How much for www.lovinfromtheoven.com? $23,000.00!! Pfffttt...
- www.lovinfromtheoven.ie wasn't an option either. It was taken (what??!!)This is odd in Ireland because unlike in America, you must have the company name before you can acquire the website name.
- I had a look at www.lovinfromtheoven.ie… It was a cake company (no shock there). Run by a girl named Corrina (wait, what??!!).
- My company is Lovin' from the Oven Ltd. so there could not be any other company in Ireland called Lovin' from the Oven. I searched the Company registration website and found that Corrina's company was indeed also registered as Lovin' from the Oven (hang on, what??!!).
- How could this have happened? How could both companies be called Lovin' from the Oven? Before my company was processed as registered on the 11th March 2011, no company by that name came up on the search. Well as it turns out, Corrina's company registration was processed on the 10th March 2011, just ONE DAY before me (w-what??!!). This must have been the reason for the oversight at the Companies Registration Office.
- I rang Corrina and explained this very odd collision of similarities. She was so nice, equally shocked and was like, "where is your accent from?" "Oh, I'm Canadian but I've been living here in Ireland for 10 ½ years…" "What??!! I'm Canadian too" (of course you are!)
- So there you have it. Lovin' from the Oven is available on the East and West coast of Ireland, brought to you by 2 Canadian Caryna's/Corrina's who had the bright idea/s to call their bakery companies the same thing at the same time. We are organizing a meet up and pictures will follow, as long as we do not cause a tear in the time/space continuum.
So the bakery shall remain Caryna's Cakes. Caryna may be a unique way to spell the name, but that's me.
Here is a picture of me earlier today, in all my individual weirdness
Facebook: Caryna's Cakes
Phone: 086 0703425
Address: Terenure Enterprise Centre,
17 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure,
Dublin 6w, Ireland