Friday, January 24, 2014

This week in the bakery

I know I haven't shaken the jet-lag because a) I am hungry for roast chicken at around 11pm, b) I keep looking the wrong way when crossing Suffolk street, despite living in Dublin for over 10 years, c) I don't even remember a third thing because my brain feels like melted cheese. This week was conducted in a haze and a series of 5 hour delayed reactions. Here's what we got up to...

Starting off the "Cake of the Month" series was the Fruit & Nut Bar. More on Cake of the Month in coming posts.
I spent the early part of the week distributing New Years cards to clients, along with jars of Maple Sugar as gifts
I saved small store of Maple Sugar for the market, and made a Gluten-free Pecan and Maple Sugar baked cheesecake
A breath of fresh air (at Sugar Loaf, ironically)...

...followed by the waft of fresh baking. We headed to Delgany, to the much talked about Firehouse bakery. It's called research and development. Someone's got to do it. 
After tasting this hunka hunka doughnut, I know what all the fuss is about. This baby was filled with dark chocolate and coated in white chocolate ganache. Inspiring. 
I began a new EdX course, through Montreal's McGill University, titled Food For Thought. The course runs through to April and will look at the latest scientific studies and publications relating to food, nutrition, diet and agriculture. I am a huge fan of Dr. Joe Schwartz, who is on the lecture panel. Here I am proving my excellent knowledge of Plumpy Nut, gleaned from World Vision TV commercials.
Twitter: @carynascakes
Facebook: Caryna's Cakes
Phone: 086 0703425
Address: Terenure Enterprise Centre, 
17 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, 
Dublin 6w, Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment