Thursday, December 4, 2014

Announcing my new food baby… CAMERINO

CAMERINO
158 Capel Street, Dublin 1
Serving Bakes, cakes, coffees, lunch 
Monday to Friday 7:30am - 5pm, Saturday 10am - 4:30pm



In the past year I have clocked up enough happiness hours to definitively name 2014 as the happiest year of my life. So many great things have happened and I've felt so many times in a given moment that I was doing exactly what I should be doing.

It has been a longtime dream to open a bakery of my own. As with any new business, there are challenges. In my case the challenge started with visa restrictions, money restrictions, sleep deprivation, workspace challenges, the personal challenge of letting go just enough to let others help me…

I'd been searching for the right premises for years. I stalked properties, loitered in the Registry of Deeds, and zoned in on 158 Capel street. It took an entire year to get the keys.

Once I had a lease it took 4 weeks to assemble a fit-out crew, do the electrics, plumbing, carpentry, painting, hiring, graphics, moving equipment, pest control, waste management staff training, menu planning… and 4 weeks ago we opened our doors.

This is what the space looked like on the 1st October 2014. CAMERINO before


This is CAMERINO after

I've assembled a team of ninja bakers and a samurai barista. Together, we are Camerino. Bakery, cakery, coffee. We serve lunches to takeaway, the best dang coffee in town using Roasted Brown, and of course our signature baked treats.



Meanwhile, back at the ranch…. Terenure Enterprise Centre is still going strong. We continue to supply some of Dublin's best café establishments.




These days you can find me in one of my two bakeries, or on the way from one to the other, or evading clampers.

2 comments:

  1. Starting a new business is exciting, especially if it involves yummy pastries! But sadly, with all the work you have to do -- from looking for the right location to the product you’re about to sell, it can also be overwhelming. Thankfully, all those things are now done. Now you can finally concentrate on working on your two bakeries.

    Clint Shaff @ Franchise Match

    ReplyDelete