- tongues and icy metal poles
- orange juice and toothpaste
- hungry lions and an injured gazelle
- me alone with any amount of cheese
- red wine and a white jacket
- me alone with a spatula of cheesecake batter
- delirium and sugar. This one gets me every time
|BROWNIE COOKIE MONSTER CAKE 2 layers of brownie with chocolate chip cookies baked on top, sandwiched with Nutella and garnished with mini chocolate chip cookies|
|Step 1: Line 2 8" round baking tins and divide brownie batter equally between them. This should fill them 1/2 way. Bake for 15 minutes|
|Step 2: Carefully remove the brownie cakes from the oven. Gently drop balls of cookie batter all over both cakes. the cookie dough will spread slightly. Bake for a further 15 minutes|
|Let your brownie cookie cakes cool completely in the tins|
|Although you love your layers equally, choose the uglier layer to be on the bottom.|
|Smother it with delicious Nutella|
|Place your 2nd layer on top and smear Nutella all around that puppy|
|While the Nutella is still fresh and sticky, adhere your mini chocolate chip cookies along the perimeter of your giant cake|
|And there you have it. The Brownie Cookie Monster Cake that causes people to question your sanity|
Recipe for the Brownie:
125g butter, melted 125g granulated sugar
125 demerera sugar
50g unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
75g (1 egg plus 1 yolk) lightly beaten egg
90g cream flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line 2 8" round baking tins with silicone paper.
- Mix the sugars, cocoa powder, vanilla and egg. Slowly add the melted butter until well mixed.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add to the mixture and fold until blended.
- Pour into prepared tray and bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely.
Recipe for the Cookies:
250g brown sugar
60g granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
360g cream flour
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
200g 55% chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone paper.
- Beat the sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cornflour and salt together. Add to the mixture and fold until blended.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Use an ice cream scooper to drop Tablespoon size balls of cookie dough on your prepared tray, leaving them space to spread in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Cool completely.
Please bake responsibly,
Follow Caryna's Cakes on Twitter
Like Caryna's Cakes on Facebook