Now on to what I originally intended to write about - Vantastival! It happened last weekend but I have only now caught up on my sleep and am coherent enough to write about it. But only just barely, as proved by the previous paragraph.
Vantastival is a musical festival that welcomes families, tents and camper vans. Here are some of my favourite things that happened at Vantastival 2011:
|I rented this van with GoCar. Brilliant company|
2. My Nook. It's a small 3m x 3m marquee, but for 3 days it's home.
3. The Brownie Busters. It was a huge success last year. What do you do when children wooed by the sight of chocolate ask you over and over again to please let them have a brownie for free? You put them on commission. If they get enough adults to buy brownies they will get their free brownie. It's not extortion, it's education.
4. Cakes on the go. If the people won't come to the cakes, bring the cakes to the people. It means laughing at "nice buns" like you've heard it for the first time. Every time. Like, 45 times. But you get to talking to some genuinely fun people too. It's mostly that kind of people.
5. Brownies in their belly. I feel a swell of pride when I see a band on stage and say to Kevin, "They have brownies in their bellies!" Isn't that fame by osmosis?
|Caryna's Cakes and The Gandhis|
6. Nap time.Contrary to popular belief Caryna's Cakes does not run on sugar and butter. It runs on disco naps. Sunshine naps are even better.
Looking forward to next year.
Follow Caryna's Cakes on Twitter
Like Caryna's Cakes on Facebook